- Designed for dancers with specific competitive goals.
- To teach discipline, increase the ability to focus under stress, understand the psychology of competing, and learn leadership skills.
- Requirements are listed to the right. Dancers can be asked to take a break from the program if 3 or more of those requirements are not met at any time during the term.
- Must have all dances at the competitive prizewinner level and must have placed at least once in the top 5 of each dance..
- Must be a soloist competitor at the regional oireachtas.
- 1 excused tardy to class each month. If you show up on time, but are late to join class because you need to change/fix hair, this counts as a tardy. If you do not sign yourself in, that is a missed class. I am not responsible for signing you in.
- Can only miss 2 classes each month. Medical absences on a case by case basis. If you do not sign in, that is a missed class. I am not responsible for signing you in.
- If you need to leave early, 2 early dismissals per month are allowed.
- You must be in class specific attire. See below for details.
- Hair: Boys must be neat/tidy. It cannot hang in the eyes. Girls must have hair in bun. If hair is too short for a bun, hair must be in a half pony and out of the face.
- You must have both pairs of shoes to class at all times.
- You must bring a notebook to class at all times.
- You must volunteer as a Beginner Class assistant at least twice a month. You will receive a $10 tuition credit for each time you do so. A sign up board will be in the office. Assistants wear a green t-shirt & black bottoms. Leggings are acceptable. Hair must be in pony tail or bun.
- Must compete at 2 competition weekends per term. Winter Term is excluded. Out of the 6 weekends, 2 must be beyond Washington and Oregon State. Ideally, one competition will be in Canada and the other a different US state.
- Participation in the Western Reqion Oireachtas is required.
- If eligible for a major competition, participation in at least 1 major competition (Nans, All-Ireland, All-Scots, or Great Britains) is required.
- If eligible for Worlds, participation in at least 2 majors from above is required to attend Worlds.
- Black Fitted Bike Shorts: Discount Dance sells these for under $20.
- Black Tank Top: No Stringy straps. Straps must be 2 fingers wide.
- Support Undergarments: Dancers must wear when appropriate. Compression type clothing is strongly suggested as it provides the best support.
- Socks: Boys are in black calf length socks. Girls are in white poodle socks.
- Hair: Must be neat and tidy. Bangs cannot fall in front of face. Girls hair must be in bun (donuts and a hair net make this much easier).